Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter and Beyond

Good Friday tomorrow. I'm happy for the chance to stop for a bit and spend some time reflecting.

Actually, my long weekend is going to stretch out to 10 days, as we are sort of having a forced holiday at my work. Like they really need to force me. So, I'm pretty excited about the prospect of a week and a half with E and the girls, just hanging around home and doing various bits and pieces. I'll probably still blog a bit over that time, so don't fear, this is not the announcement of yet another blog break.

Anyways. I like Easter time. But I don't like to yabber on to much about it. It seems like Christians have pretty differing views as to how it should be spent, and approached. I kind of think it's up to individual consciences.

So I hope you all have a really good Easter. I'll leave this post with my favourite Easter painting, Casper David Friedrich's 'Easter Morning', which shows the women on their way to Jesus' tomb. I love that even though they look so somber and reluctant, they are about to discover something more wonderful than they could ever imagine.

He is risen indeed!

No comments: