Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Anschlag!

Sometimes I feel the overwhelming urge to get authoritarian on the train, to be a vigilante who will right the wrongs I see on public transport. For they are many.

This morning I was watching a lady work on a book of find-a-words. They were difficult ones, full pages of tiny letters, with words hiding somewhere within. On top of that, at the top of the page it said "Wort Detectiv" or something or other, so I guess it was all in German to make it even harder.

But she'd not been on a page for more than a minute before she was flipping to the back, looking at the answers, then going back to her page and circling the words. Come on, lady. Cheats never prosper.

It was all I could do to restrain myself from leaning across the aisle, slapping her wrists and saying sternly, "Stoppen sie das im augenblick und tun sie es richtig!"

Or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up! :oD