Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I. Am. Supreme.

At the supermarket just now I was served by a guy of Indian descent, called Supreme. Supreme. It said so on his name badge. Immediately, several questions flashed through my mind:

* What sort of expectations did this blokes' parents have of their child?

* Are they disappointed that Supreme now works as a supermarket cashier?

* Was he in fact a superhero, merely moonlighting as a supermarket cashier?

*Why would supreme choose one of the very few professions which required him to display his name to the general public?

* Was he named after a pizza?

* What was the rest of his name, and was it as great as his first name? Supreme Lee Orsum?

* How could I get my man Supreme to be my life coach and mentor?

3 comments:

Crazyjedidiah said...

There was/is a guy at our local woolies named Dazzle. My mum had an adult student named Golden.

Anonymous said...

Did you comment? I've had a couple of conversations in my time with people wearing name tags, usually at check outs! I ask for pronunciation tips and tell them when I think their name's awesome. I've accidentally embarrassed many a teenager with this old-lady-like level of inquiry and interest.

KIM said...

*Was it his real name?

*If it was his real name, why didn't he make up a fake one to display on his name badge?