Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, June 4, 2012

Bubble Bubble, Toil and Trouble

It seems unfortunate to me that the 'art and/or science of food eating' is called gastronomy.  In these heady days of reality tele cooking shows, where preparing and eating food has become something to amaze over and cry about, the G word is uttered with great profundity and reverence.

But as a word, come on, it's pretty gross. Any word that begins with 'gastro', in my book, can't be that good. Rather than inspiring me to aquire a fancy cook book, it inspires me to stock up on a 9 pack of 3 ply.

4 comments:

simone r said...

Every time I come here there is a different font. I liked one that I saw sometime on the weekend...

Ben McLaughlin said...

I'm not really changing it. Something seems wrong, it keeps skipping about. For the post text I keep selecting Arial, which is what I've always used. Is that not coming up?

the font on the quiz today is the font I've put for the time being for the text at the bottom of posts.. I thought I'd see what it looked like to use in the main body. Weird having full posts in capitals?

Anonymous said...

It worked for the quiz, but a normal post in capitals could be weird...

As for the actual post, I TOTALLY AGREE! Gastronomy sounds like the kind of tummy troubles that stars (in the sky, not Hollywood) would have.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks for the font feedback, that's kinda what I thought.

Ha! Tummy trouble to the stars! Love it:)