Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, June 8, 2012

Carparkolypse Now

Late last night after the movie, after saying goodbye to my friend, I went into the shopping centre carpark in search of my car.  There was this eery vibe, heightened by coming straight from Prometheus-land, and by the fact that I'd never been there before, and also by the fact that the huge caverness place was deserted and all the exits apparently locked up for the night.

When I found my car I ran to it excitedly, but then once inside I realised I had no idea how to get out of the place.  Every exit I found was closed. I drove up and down several levels, just getting more lost and panicky.  At one point I drove down one of those really long, super steep ramps, only to come to a a big closed shutter door at street level. I think I yelped. I then had to try and reverse all the way back up to the top again. Barrel o' laughs!

I don't think anyone has ever been as happy as I was to finally arrive, after may failed attempts,  on to a  grubby old back street of Hurstville.

No comments: