Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Message Hording

The other day I finally worked out how to delete the text message inbox on my phone. This may sound like a trivial matter, but I had racked up 3201 messages in that bad boy. I could only work out how to delete one at a time, and I could never be bothered doing that. So, if I received a message, and I clicked to open it, I could go for a jog around the block, shower, shave and have a quiet cuppa before said message actually came up on the screen.

There were messages in there from friends celebrating the birth of their child, who has now just completed their Masters at university. I even found one in there from a mate letting me know WWII was over. deleting all that history was strangely exhilarating. I'm now text loose and fancy free.

Who knew that you would actually find help by clicking on that thing in the menu labelled 'help'.

2 comments:

ALaird said...

3201!?!?! I can't let mine get over around 10-15 without feeling all cluttered.

I'm wondering though if that is some kind of record? Anyone beat it?

Karen said...

I can't beat it, but I didn't know you could delete all the messages at once either. I've only ever done them one at a time, which has meant I have had to spend a few happy hours deleting them.
But I can relate to your feeling of having an empty in box. Exhilarating is a good way to describe it....