Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, June 8, 2012

Prometheus- A Review of Sorts

Very much enjoyed Prometheus, I thought it was really cool. I'm not a huge sci-fi guy, but like the genre if it's done really well.  I thought this held up really well, and it just felt like a classic straight away- a good third Ridley Scott sci-fi movie to go with Alien and Blade Runner.

To be honest, I found a fair bit of it kinda confusing, but it still held my attention.  The general look of the movie was fantastic. It never felt CG, but always had a tangible realness to it, so you really got caught up in the whole setting of the thing. Great production design throughout.

For the most part, really good acters and characters, bar a few here and there.  Micheal Fassbender as the android 'David' was awesome. He's fast becoming one of my favourite actors.  And Noomi Rapace as the lead was really good too.

A lot could be said about the films' 'message', about all the so-called unanswered questions of where we come from and who made us.  My guess is some people will take it all a bit too seriously.  But I just thought it was an interesting premise, and in the end it's science fiction.

Not really a horror movie (drats), but a lot of haunting and creepy bits. the H.R. Giger design elements were still very much present from the Alien movies, but expanded on in a cool way.  I really loved the look of all the designed elements. Great stuff.  

While I do have a tendency to come out of a movie thinking it was great, but then sort of going cold on it, while this is fresh in my mind, I'm sticking to my original verdict: Very cool. 4/5 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw it. dissappointed...
Bugger

Ben McLaughlin said...

you be illin'.