Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, September 17, 2012

Seeds In

Finally got around to planting my seeds on the weekend, probably a few weeks late, but better late than never. I got a bit discouraged about gardening over Autumn and Winter, but the love has returned, so hopefully I'll get a better crop this time around.

With the assistance of my two little helpers, I planted carrots, beetroot, lettuce, rocket, cabbage, snowpeas, dwarf beans and tomatoes.

I'll post some pictures when there's something to see. Anyone else doing any sowing?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Not sowing much right now since we're going on holidays in a couple of weeks, but we've had some tomato joy and sorrow here. My herbs are looking pretty good though! I've just updated on my blog...

Amy said...

I planted seeds yesterday too. I'm growing in pots, so there's not much space - so just tomatoes, zucchini, basil and coriander (which probably will fail - wrong season I think...). My winter beans were a fail thanks to too many snail attacks, so hoping I'll do better with summer veg. I love the anticipation of waiting for the baby shoots to emerge from the ground.

Libby said...

We are looking to move soon so are sad that we aren't planting right now but we are still enjoying our harvest from the cooler months - snow peas, spinach, leeks and lettuce and desperately hoping that the potatoes are ready (at least baby size) before we leave. We also have some strawberries ripening and a quite a few other things that will be ready in a little while.