Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Kids These Days


I was talking to my now adult nephew the other day, and looking at his little brother with a mobile phone, he said 'you know it wasn't until I was in year 9 that I got my first phone'. As if that was some amazing thing. And yet his little brother did think it was an amazing thing.

I then informed them that I was in my late 20's when I got my first mobile. And they smiled politely and slowly edged away.

It is pretty amazing how tech-savvy the wee bairns are these days. My girls are pretty good on a computer. At the moment they still yell out 'Dad! This is stuck! Can you help me?' But I wonder how long until the dark day when they overtake me and it's me yelling out to them? I give it a couple of weeks.

No comments: