Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Bit Of An Update

Hi friends. It's been ages, hasn't it. Things are going okay. Bubba 3 is due to arrive in less than two weeks now, so apprehension and excitement abound. E is going well, but very tired and eager to dispense of yon child from yon belly.

Yesterday was Little i's 4th Birthday, which unfortunately coincided with an ear infection thing for her. She's been pretty miserable for the past few days. Actually all the girls were crook over the long weekend, so it wasn't the most amazing holiday known to man, gotta say.

This morning when I was on the train, I got a call from E saying just after I left, a big whopper branch from next doors' maple crashed down in our yard, over the power lines and rather close to our car...

The neighbours are away, blissfully unawares. Thankfully the car seems okay, which is a relief as we just shelled out a wad of cash to fix up a big dent to get it ready to sell.

Anyway, that's that for now. Not sure about post frequency at the moment.. I've been seriously wondering whether my blog has run it's course. I don't want to do anything drastic though-- you go through these ups and downs over the years I spose. For the moment the stream may be a trickle or an occasional drop, hard to say. Sorry to be a downer. Hope you're well. Love your work. 

8 comments:

Deb said...

Run it's course? Say it not in Gath!

Karen said...

Wow. I'm looking at that tree and thinking, how on earth did it miss the car?? Glad there was no damage, that would have been pretty sad to have to get it fixed again. What new car did you end up deciding on?

Hope all goes well for the new arrival, and that you are all on the road to recovery from the Easter bugs. Oh, and we do want to see a post about the new baby please!!

Anonymous said...

I second Karen's request - if you really are thinking of letting the blog go (*sniff*), pleeeeease at least let us know something about Bubba 3's arrival beforehand!

I hope the girls all recover from their crooknesses quickly, and am thankful along with you that the car survived the tree's fall.

As for blogging, I'm experiencing a similar drought - maybe something in Sydney's water is sucking the desire to write out of our bodies? Damn water. Anyhoo, I hope you decide to keep the blog running, even if it's only for the occasional update.

Praying for your family and the adventure ahead! (But for E especially - no offense to the rest of you.)

Anonymous said...

*offence


OOPS.

Alistair Bain said...

Mate.

You've got a lot of juice left in you yet.

Take a back seat for a while. We'll understand.

But shut this baby down??

Don't make me come up there....

Ben McLaughlin said...

Deb- Heh, Gath:)

Karen- Thankyou. We have pretty much decided on Toyota Avensis, though we haven't bought it yet..

Belle- Thanks. I will definately post about the new baby. And the occasional update idea is a good one. Praying your pregnancy is all going well.

Al- Not sure about juice. A bit of pulp and a few pips maybe. Thanks, a backseat is a nice idea. The less obligated I feel, the more I'll want to post, I reckon..

Meredith said...

I've packed up my bat and ball and gone home, bringing my blog to close twice! And twice I came back to it (and am still there) because when I stopped writing I found there were things to write. Which is exactly what you just said in that last comment - the less obligated you feel, the more you'll want to post. Spot on. Blogging without obligation is absolutely the only way to blog. Enjoy blogging when you want to and resting when you don't.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thankyou Meredith, I think you are spot on. I already feel quite a sense of relief and a bit of renewed vigour having made the point of giving up the obligation blogging.