Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Show & Tell #1 - Em's Quilt

'Since no one has done their 'news' as we now call it in primary education, I thought I'd better get it started since I'm keen to see what others have to offer. I realise this may be boring to some but it's something I enjoy and also that I have pictures of!

I made this quilt for a friend who is having a baby girl in December. This gave me a chance to use all my lovely girly fabrics that the birth of my son had prevented! Its my first quilt and I was surprised how easily it all came together.'

~Emma

9 comments:

Amy said...

So good to see other sewers out there! Very impressive. (Said by someone who has never been brave enough to attempt a quilt).

Laetitia :-) said...

That's a brilliant quilt!

I've been thinking about doing one for Ian since 2003 (when I first started dabbling in patchwork / quilting).

I currently have one on the go that I intend to give to a friend before we leave town. Since I finish up at work on Thursday, I might even get it done.

soph said...

lovely quilt :)

Joanna said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I would love to make a quilt, but I fear I don't have the patience. It seems like a lot of intricate and painstaking work!

emfolle said...

I thought I wouldn't have the patience either (being of the instant gratification persuasion) but it is surprisingly quick and satisfying once you get going because you achieve 'units' fairly quickly.

Making a small one to start with was probably a good thing too. I borrowed a book called 'Mini quilts' from my library... enough to give you a taste without massive expenditure and time investment!

Ben McLaughlin said...

thanks for kickin us off, em.

Ell said...

Sorry Em - but anyone who commits to knitting a jumper doesn't go in the "instant gratification" category!!

beth said...

That quilt is just beautiful....

emfolle said...

@Ell : No but someone who starts a jumper and doesn't finish it for over a year because she's too busy working on other (faster) projects does!