Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Confessions of St. Eutychus

Nathan has a good post about pretending to be more bookish than he actually is. He drops little references to stuff he hasn't actually read, to sound kinda awesome.

This is exactly what I do to!

Examples are rife on this blog. You only have to look at the title of this post for one. Did you see what I did there? Cleverly, I've taken the name of Nathan's blog, and combined it with that ol' gem The Confessions of St. Augustine.

I say ol' gem, but I've never read it. I bought it ages ago, and looked at it knowingly. Read the back. Read two pages of the introduction. Hmmm. Yes. So heady. And then popped it on the shelf.

I know it's about some Christian fella doing some serious over-sharing. I know he steals an apple or something as a kid, and then feels bad about it pretty much for the rest of the book.

Is this enough to give me the right to name-drop it? I'm not sure. The truth is that I love books, but have read about three in my life, and two of those were about a hairy little guy called Grug. And the other one was a TV guide I think.

There, I said it.

No comments: