Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Oh My Kingdom For Some Knee Warmers

I have very strange body temperature issues (yes this blog has stooped to body temperature issues) which seem to show up when I get into bed. Some parts of me feel all tropical while others are arctic. Even in the hot summer months I wear a long sleeve top to bed. Yet even in winter I need to get my feet blanket-free. It's very hard to get the appropriate coverage in all areas.

One part of me that's always cold, whatever the season, are my knees. I lay in bed and all I can think about is how cold they are. Not just the skin, but the actual knobbly bone itself. It's just cold and can't be warmed. As I lay awake I often ponder making some manner of makeshift knee-warmer. I'd get a pair of woolen socks, cut off the toes and slide them up my leg so they cover my knees. Ohhhh man. As I lay awake the thought of those little babies puts a contented smile on my face. Oh for some knee-warmers.

Out of curiosity I did a Google search to see if such a thing exists. It totally does! Many,many results. Turns out the cold knee affliction transcends race, gender and religion. And Etsy even sell 'vintage' ones. Because clearly how aged the sock is very important. Sort of like a good cheese or a fine wine, I suppose.


1 comment:

Laetitia :-) said...

I too suffer from CKS (Cold Knee Syndrome) though more usually in winter. It can be bad enough that my knees seize up and stretching my leg straight can actually hurt if I haven't moved my legs for a while during sleep.