Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

What a Journey

I really like this passage from Romans-

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." (Romans 8:28-30)

What an amazing journey-- Forknown, predestined, called, justified, and finally, glorified.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'm a little scared of the word, "predestined". It makes me nervous maybe because I don't fully understand it. It seems that if God had a certain number of predestined chosen ones, salvation wouldn't be determined upon your choice to repent and have faith but that you were already predestined? Maybe some of my family members aren't predestined? That would make me nervous or maybe I don't understand.
Any help would be great, I've had this question a long time :)

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Chris. I think I basicly have those same fears and worries. My view is that we can never fully understand or comprehend it, while we are here, because the mind and mysteries of God are far beyond us. But somehow He has designed it so that human freewill and His design can work together and simultaneously. Mindblowing!

But I guess the things I try to keep in mind are that a) God is GOOD, b)God loves those people I worry about far more than I do, and c)God answers our prayers.

Chris said...

Thank you Ben, that really helped a lot!
:)