Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bruegel

The Hunters In The Snow (1565)

I like the artist Pieter Bruegel the Elder. He painted in the Netherlands during the 1500's. I like his composition, and the amount of information that he put into his paintings, while still leaving 'breathing room'.

When I was growing up we had a big Bruegal print on the wall, of a painting called Children's Games. It used to fascinate me, and I would just sit and stare at it; always discovering new things hidden away in some corner of the picture.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I love this painting too.

Ali said...

Yes, I love it! It's especially fitting after you've seen it in Austria ;) ...

Crazyjedidiah said...

I remember seeing this picture on playschool when i was younger, they had as part of the theme for the week and each day they would talk about a different aspect of it. ( that is the children's games one)

Ben McLaughlin said...

oh right.. Now that you mention it I think I vaguely remember seeing that when I was a kid. thanks for reminding me