Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Zombie

It's going to be a bit of a rough one today. Little e woke at about 2:30 this morning, and apart from a brief half hour stint between 6 and 6:30, I have been awake since then. Not sure what is wrong with her. Just lots of tears and yelling. We are pretty over the sleepless night thing.

The world at 3am is not a very nice place. The cold is at it's coldest. The darkness is at it's darkest. Bad TV is at it's baddest.

5 comments:

RodeoClown said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

At least you can look forward to when it stops. And it does stop.

But for now, find a good book, or newspaper, or anything that will help you not watch the crud on TV at 3am.

RodeoClown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simone R. said...

I've learned the best (!) of my theology between 4 and 6 in the morning! What a feast! Don't miss the opportunity. Now that our boys are bigger I find myself longing for a bit of creflo or joyce or benny...

trish said...

The absolute worst thing you an ever do at 3am in the morning, is to watch the tv, Ben. Not only is the content the epitome of mediocrity, it reinforces the point (which we're already painfully aware of), that any other sensible person is enjoying a deep sleep in their comfortable warm beds.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks guys. Rodeo, so it DOES eventually stop? Joy. Not sure if I could get my brain to read a newspaper at 3am though... sounds rough.

Simone, you like those shows? I guess I have seen some good stuff, but a lot has been pretty awful. The other morning I saw Neil Diamond doing a 'gospel' song on one of those shows. It made my head hurt.

Trish I gotta agree with you, i think-- although a couple of those ads for Abtronic did edify me a little