Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, July 21, 2008

Gifts

My Dad left a comment on that post I wrote about being crap with numbers. I thought what he said was really cool, so I thought I would share it--

Hey Ben lots of people don't do numbers. Very few people can communicate in writing and visually the way you do - I certainly can't. I used to be down on myself because I was and still am hopeless with tools whereas my Dad could do almost anything with them. I felt that what I could do well was not important and the things I could not do well were the important things. My Dad always seemed to think he was inferior because he had not done much by way of tertiary education and really struggled in sermon preparation. The message to me seems pretty clear. God gives us all different gifts and we should not devalue what we can do or be down on ourselves for what we can't do.

DAD

4 comments:

Pedro said...

THATS why dads are the pillar of the family, full stop.

Colinmac said...

Thanks Ben. I thought of it when I first read your post but had not got around to putting it into words.I meant it. You have many gifts and I wish I had been able to communicate that better but your post really prompted me to think about it some more.

DAD

Giraffe Pen said...

That's cool and really encouraging :)

Haydn.

kristina said...

What a blessing to have a dad like that.