Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dumb Story

I just remembered a dream/sleepwalk thing that I had last night. E has a chair beside the bed with clothes piled up on it. I dreamt that Little e was perched precariously on top of pile of clothes, so still asleep, I got out of bed and rushed over there to keep her from falling. I stood there for what seemed like forever, just holding her* steady with both hands.

I was so tired and just wanted to get back in to bed, but had to stay put. I said to E, 'what should I do?' and she said 'get back in to bed'. I weighed the odds-- daughter's safety, sleep, daughter's safety, sleep-- decided that she could fend for herself, and got back in to bed. Sorry, this dumb story has no punchline.

*a pair of pants and a jumper

2 comments:

lu said...

Your wife sounds like a very intelligent, organized woman to me. (I also have a chair by the bed that is usually piled with clothes or other miscellaneous items - I wonder if my husband has ever had a similar nightmare?)

I think you made the right decision getting back in bed.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yes, E definately is those things. I have a clothes pile chair too, so does that make me those things too? My pile is higher..