Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, July 3, 2008

How's The Reading Going?

I'm looking forward to discussing on Monday what's happened so far. I have enjoyed what I've read, it's been surprisingly action-packed. How good was that bit where that guy sicks his panther onto those blokes who are after him, and then jumps out the window in his bathrobe.

Sick 'em, Cleopatra, tear them to bits! Boy o boy! That's some good stuff. I know some parts have been pretty depressing, but it's supposed to get pretty good, particularly when Batman first comes in to the story (in chapter five).

Gotta love good literature.

5 comments:

Pedro said...

Thats gold benno! Check out batman's strides and boots in the pic! Sick!

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yeah, he's gone the black skinny jeans that are all the rage with the kids these days. I hope he's wearing those in the new movie..

Anonymous said...

I've been impressed with ol' Fyodor's writing style - he's very engaging. And am very intrigued as to where the story will go - from the middle of chapter 3, it could really end up anywhere.

Looking forward to Batman making a show. And someone told me the best bit's right at the end where he dies of picking his nose.

Ben McLaughlin said...

iv'e always wondered whether you could actually pick your nose to death.. now that I know, I'd better reign it in.

Yeah, I am really impressed with the writing too. It is quite different to how I had thought it would be. It feels quite modern to me, and yeah, definately engaging.

Ali said...

I can't see the pics at work, so I just came over here for my peanut dose. You're crazy!