Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, July 7, 2008

Saturday

Had a nice day on Saturday, even though it was pretty uneventful. It was just what the doctor ordered after a busy week. Cooked up a big brekky, and then hung out at home for a few hours with Little e while E went to the dentist.

Then in the afternoon I had a hankering for garage sales, so I went for a drive by myself. I didn't find any, so just kept driving to Summer Hill, and just browsed in a second hand shop and got a coffee. I got a couple of good things. This comic from 1978--

Everything about this appeals to me. Wooo, 1984! How futuristic! I am not really that in to science fiction, but I love comics, and old crusty stories about monsters and good stuff like that. This panel encapsulates what I love--

Them like fill bellies on meat from man... How could you possibly not like that sentence?

I also got this book that I have been looking for for ages, because it's sort of a sequel to Cannery Row, which I loved.

A few bucks poorer, but a whole lot richer. A good day.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I'm glad you're reading Dostoevsky - just for a bit of balance in your diet!

Ben McLaughlin said...

Oh, there's plenty of balance.. zombies and vampires are two of the main food groups in a well rounded diet.