Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sometimes They Come Out at Night

A rare instance of night blogging. E has gone to the movies to see Mama Mia with some friends, and I am at home with the little girl. I just put her to bed, and read to her from Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl. I love Roald Dahl.

Do you ever have days where you wish you could go back and have a second go at it? Today has been like that for me. I am feeling pretty blue tonight, and it is mostly because I feel like I didn't do a very good job of this day. I wish I hadn't done some things, I wish I had done stuff that I didn't. I wish I hadn't of opened my big trap about some stuff, and I wish I had of spoken up about other things. It is frustrating to continually be making the the same mistakes.

Sometimes I find it pretty hard to believe that God forgives, and that He does it time and time again. He doesn't hold a grudge, and He is so fast to love and forgive. His faithfulness is new every morning. That fact completely amazes me. What a wonderful God we have, and how humbling that He chooses to love us.

Well, I've just made myself a cuppa, and I'm going to go and watch Terminator on DVD to cheer me up. A bit of sweet cyborg killer from the future action will cheer me up-- just what the doctor ordered.

Hasta la vista.

2 comments:

trish said...

I think you should put it down to Thursday being a crazy day. I was barely able to work with all the buzz going on outside my office.

But I know what you mean, it seems like sometimes we just never learn. I keep waiting for that day when I'll grow up, and start acting like a responsible adult.

Hope you felt better on Thursday night, and had a better day on Friday :)

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks Trish:)