Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, August 22, 2008

Blue

I am feeling pretty blue today, for various reasons- some silly, some not. Do you ever wake up after a night of bad dreams and then find it hard to shake off the residual emotions that those dreams have brought up? I am trying to pull myself out of feeling this way, but keep thinking about the things that are upsetting me.

Prayer is the answer, but sometimes it feels hard to pray. Anyway, there is a lot to stop and marvel at, a lot to give thanks for. I want to think about those things. It is stormy today, and though that tends to fuel my blueness, in a way it does me good by putting things in perspective for me-- The world is big, and thirsty, and needs rain. I am small and me getting wet is inconsequential. God is bigger than everything, is in control, and knows what is best.

No comments: