Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Clingy Kid

Since little e has been sick, she has become so clingy, especially with E. I really hope this is just a stage, because it is very exhausting, especially for E. Every time we try to put her to bed, she just cries and screams for an eternity, whereas she used to eventually get sick of it and nod off. If she hears E, she screams louder and doesn't give up until she gets picked up. So she has been 'sleeping' in our bed and I have been in the spare room. It feels pretty crap, and I just wish we could work out what to do to try and get out of this routine. Tonight I think we'll try the controlled crying thing again, and have E nowhere in sight around bed time.

Had bible study at our place last night, and E missed all of it, being with the baby, and I was just struggling to stay awake. Felt sad, as I had been looking forward to it. Still, it was nice to see everybody. One thing that I did catch was the importance of prayer, and persevering in prayer. I think this is really important-- the idea that you don't just pray about something once, but faithfully pray about it on an ongoing basis.

No comments: