Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dad and Daughter Time

Me and little e have all of Saturday on our own, as E is going to a playgroup seminar thing. I am trying to think of something interesting (yet manageable) that we could do, rather than just sit around at home all day.

I am not very adventurous when I am on my own with her, but I reckon I should try more things-- after all, I want to be a fun Dad, not a hesitant, boring one.

A lot will depend on whether we have the car or not, but any ideas??

8 comments:

Elizabeth M said...

how about the aquarium?
little e LOVED the fish tank at Steeles house.
a few times I saw her convince master C to climb up with her to have a peer in... :)

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks L, that's a good idea..

Aimee said...

I know Sophia is organising a trip to Cockatoo Is to see the biannale - involves a boat trip which would be fun for little e, but I suspect the art would be more for you than her!!

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks Aimee-- that's a good idea too. Sounds kinda ambitious!

onlinesoph said...

I am, and you and little e are welcome to come. Sam has invited a male friend too, so you won't be amongst a gaggle of girls either! Let me know if you want details.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Hi Soph-- thanks, I will definately keep that in mind:)

Anonymous said...

You are always welcome on our side of the world... we could take you on a world wind tour of every period home that has been recently used for any Jane Austen novel... and then we could give you tea!
Kate Percival

Ben McLaughlin said...

Yeah, Cockatoo Island might be a bit ambitious, how about England instead! Sounds good Kate-- can you get me home in time for little e's arvo nap?