Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Day With Little e

In the end I decided to drive up to the mountains with little e on Saturday, to visit some friends. This seemed a bit more manageable to me than taking her in to town on a bus. Thanks to those who gave me suggestions though-- hope you had a good time at Cockatoo Island.

We had a really nice day together, and I felt kind of empowered that things went pretty smoothly, and that I dealt with things without getting too flustered. It's a good thing that Little e is a good traveller. We had a good drive up there, listening to her Play School cd, and singing along.

It was nice being in the mountains, and seeing my mate and his family. I have started to realise that I hardly ever make the effort to catch up with people. The trip home was a little less smooth-- a bit of crying and angst, but wasn't too bad. I just felt really chuffed to have done it, and look forward to doing more stuff with her, just the two of us. This would be good, not just to give E a break from us now and again, but for little e and I to be as close as we can be.

No comments: