Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

Ever wondered what what it would sound like if you crossed Metallica with The Corrs?

Neither had I, but then I stumbled upon this band from Finland called Nightwish. Not my cup of tea, silly and overblown-- but strangely addictive, and strangely awesome.

I have been too embarrassed to tell anyone, but I have been cranking two of their albums on my mp3 player for a couple of months now. Check out this one song
Amaranth-- that chorus has been in my head for weeks.

3 comments:

kristina said...

One of my friends who lived in Finland for awhile introduced me to this band. I saw them a couple of years ago, before they replaced the lead singer. Not really my cup of tea, but very theatrical and fun to see.

Ben McLaughlin said...

oh wow! I am sort of jelous, sort of not:)

One of the albums I have is with the old singer-- yep, very theatrical and operatic. I am not sure whether to love her singing, or hate it..

Ali said...

No way. They are so "meatloaf" - in the sens that what I've heard I thought was rather too melodramatic for my liking.