Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, September 22, 2008

All The Days Ordained For Me

'If abortion is merely about women's rights, then what were mine? There was not a radical feminist standing up and yelling about how my rights were being violated that day. In fact my life was being snuffed out- in the name of women's rights.'

Gianna Jessen is a woman who survived a saline abortion at seven months. I have been so moved by listening to her story, part one
here, and part two here, which I came across throuth Sam and Soph, and Dave Miers.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
(from Psalm 139)

No comments: