Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, September 26, 2008

Why God Loves Me

"The Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed.." (John 16:27)

I was struck by these words of Jesus this morning. He really tells it how it is here, and sums up the truth very succinctly-- the relationship we have with the Father, is made possible through, and only through relationship with the Son.

Loving and believing. Loving Jesus because He sacrificed Himself for me, allowing me to be called His brother, and His Father's son. Believing that the saving work of Jesus really did work, and that I am now forgiven and born again. Believing that there is nothing I can bring to the table, nothing I can do, because it has now been done.

1 comment:

NewJerseyJesus said...

What can I say? Amen, bro!