Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Garden

The other day I mentioned that my mate gave me a section of his garden for my birthday. On Saturday I went over and got it stated while my friend was away. It was great. Even though it was raining, and I was digging through mud, it just felt great. Satisfying and good. Nice to get a bit dirty, and get some mud on my fragile little girly hands.

Anyhow, here's a blow by blow account. This is what it looked like-- kinda rough and uneven ground with lots of rocks and grass and nasty little surprises (band aids, nails, spiders).

After about 45 minutes of clearing, weeding, and mixing in a big bag of cow poo. Also please note my creativity in putting in some planks as boundary things. I found them in a pile at the back of the yard. How awesome does that look. Very.

And here's the final result, a little later, with tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini, cucumbers, beans,strawberries and butternut pumpkin.


Lookin forward to tasting the fruits of my labour..

No comments: