Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Weekend

We had a good weekend. It started off well with a self-imposed early mark from work. The early mark combined with the long daylight-savings day meant there was time for me and the girls to go for a walk down to the park. No better way to relax. Grabbed some stuff at the shops and made rice paper rolls. Nice. Then started watching another Bronte dvd (The Tenant of Wildfell Hall).

Had a lazy Saturday morning, then drove over to Koorong Bookshop for a while. Then had dinner with some friends, P and K in Newtown. Great Indian. Got very full, and even shared. Little e was great at the restaurant, no tantys or anything. She's a good kid.

Got up early for church, as I was playing guitar in the band. I am really loving church. It is great to have that close community of friends around us.

Sunday arvo was great. We went down to the local pool and took little e for a swim. She is a brave little thing, not really scared of the water. And she is so friendly, always running up and smiling at strangers. E said that she likes that little e sees everybody as her friend. I agree, that is a cool trait. I don't think either of us were really like that-- we were probably a lot more shy..

I then just felt like driving, so we just drove around the streets for no apparent reason. Stopped at a gelato place and sat and ate it on the curb (classy). it was just a really nice, slow, meandering afternoon, the epitome of summer (even though it's still spring..) Good times.

3 comments:

Nixter said...

sounds delightful Ben :)

Pedro said...

I haven't been that full after a meal in along time brethra....Woke up full the next morning!!! Still hasd my hearty brekky though!

My bottom three:
Sophie
Rishani (bad song choice)
Teale (good name)

Ben McLaughlin said...

yeah, you looked to be on your last legs.. Once I adjusted my belt a notch I was good to go again.
Idol was all pretty bad except Wes and Chrislyn. I hope Teale goes.