Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, December 15, 2008

Good Food, Bad Spores

My Christmas lunch the other day was nice. The food was as awesome as I remembered. Here's what I had--

Entree- Pork belly. Kurobuta sweet, double cooked and served with black pudding, apple and elderflower puree.

Main- Beef, chargrilled sirloin with roasted golden beetroots and potato fondant

Dessert- A selection of Australian and international cheeses

I probably shouldn't have gone the cheese. I like cheese, but only cheese that is yellow. Cheese has no business being anything other than yellow. But I was feeling adventurous.

There was one cheese that was so thickly coated in furry green mould, that when I tapped it, a cloud of green dust poofed off of it. Spores. It is a sad and sick world when spores become food. It tasted vaguely nice, but sort of like nice cheese that has been sitting in someones dirty, damp sock for a week.

2 comments:

Pedro said...

cheese?!

Where's the benno I know and love?
Chocolate! Cheesecake! Sticky date pudding!

Not cheese.

Ben McLaughlin said...

it was my experimental phase