Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Name Names

E and I have been discussing baby names on and off for a while now, and are slowly reaching some sort of agreement. It's hard work.

We have different tastes (I like good names, whereas she likes bad ones) and so a lot of debating takes place.

It was probably for the best that God in His wisdom waited until Adam had named all the animals, before creating Eve. Adam was unfettered, and could just sit down on a rock and rattle them off quick-- bam, bam, bam.

Cow. Horse. Bandicoot. Blackburnian Warbler. Done.

Maybe we need to go back to this Biblical model.

3 comments:

onlinesoph said...

I think it's a common dilemma! If my mother had her way, my name would be Alethea.

Ben McLaughlin said...

wow.. that's an interesting one, Soph. You can't say it and not sound like you're talking with a lisp

Drew said...

interesting... "truth"