Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shops III

Okay, this is the last one, and then I've got it all off my chest. I pass this shop on my way to work. Look at this signage and logo--

Now I don't know about you, but I'm never, ever going to buy a bed or mattress from this shop, and it's solely because of the logo. What the hell is that white thing in the green square? The word 'skittering' is the first word that comes to my mind, followed closely by the words 'bed bug'.

Come on! What are you doing?! I just don't understand what you're thinking. I want you to do well and to be a successful shop, I honestly do. But you're advertising mattresses with a bedbug, you frustrating, frustrating people!

8 comments:

lu said...

I don't see the bedbug, Ben. I see eyelashes on a sleeping eye. Just my perspective. But I'm not too keen on the name.

Ben McLaughlin said...

oh, is that what it's meant to be. I seriously did not see that. Still looks bedbuggish to me.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was eyelashes too when I first saw it.

AY

Ben McLaughlin said...

ok, my fruedian slip. Ignore me from now on, people

Ben McLaughlin said...

but don't come crying to me if you start feeling itchy

Ali said...

:). Yes, well I eventually saw the eyelashes, once I got past the bed bug image, though I give it to you that it does look a little like a rearing centipede.

Ben McLaughlin said...

I'm glad you could see what I was seeing, Ali. Yes, I can definately see some centipedal action in there too. But the six legs proves it's in fact a bedbug. If you look at it for a long time, you can make out the head, thorax and abdomen. Defiately an insect.

kristina said...

Oh my gosh! It does look like a bug. You'd think someone would've caught that.

You make me laugh. Thanks I needed that.