Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Heatwave

Well, back at work after a nice three day weekend.

Saturday was insane-- it reached 41 degrees in Sydney (or 105.8 Fahrenheit for you US readers), but felt more like 50 inside our place. I went to a bucks party, which was a bunch of hot whinging blokes sitting outside in front of a big BBQ cooking steaks and sweating into their beers.

I reckon it was the hottest day since that New Years Day a couple of years back. Global Warming, people, GLOBAL WARMING!! Fear! Panic! Paranoia!

In the evening though came a beautiful cool change, and it must have dropped twenty degrees in a couple of hours. It was magic.

4 comments:

kristina said...

Haha. Global warming. It is 4 F here today. (-16 C). I think most people here actually prefer the cold to the heat. Not me.

Anonymous said...

I think I'd go insane of it was 105 degrees. Give me the cold, any day. Kris is about five degrees colder, it's seven degrees out right now, doesn't feel too bad.

lu said...

today we're having a heat wave - it went up to almost 20 F! seriously, people are commenting on how much better it feels. but i'd take my cold winters over your simmering summers any day, ben.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Wow I have literally never been in weather that cold. The coldest I have ever been in was probably about 5 C. The thought of it appeals to me, but only if I had a nice warm fire to come home to. Part of me envies you guys.. part of me is happy to wander around in shorts.