Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, February 2, 2009

No Public Holidays?

An evil little bird told me that the Anzac Day public holiday, and maybe even the Boxing Day public holiday are going to be axed this year. Is this true? Please say it ain't so..

What is the reasoning behind this? It falls on a weekend so we don't need it? This is poor form. Without these little oasis's (what is the plural of oasis... oaseez?) dotted throughout the working year to get me through, how can I go on? It's simple- I can't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently it's oases...
and who told you such nonsense? Please note the dates in:-http://www.totaltravel.com.au/library/traveller/australian-public

AY

Anonymous said...

Hold on...I checked the dates and they are BOTH on Saturday. Before I have a big cry, are you sure that they haven't moved it to monday or something?

AY

Ben McLaughlin said...

Oh oases. That makes sense I guess. I like oaseez better though.

I'm pretty sure it's true. Check out this article from the Telegraph--

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,27574,24918602-5006009,00.html

Anonymous said...

I like oaseez better too.
Now I'll run off to a corner to have a big cry...

AY