Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, February 23, 2009

Separation Anxiety

I have been experiencing this bizarre feeling of separation anxiety since the course last week. It was an unusual and intense situation to be in - there were eight of us 'clients', and about 20 'clinicians' (all female 3rd year uni students) and five supervisors.

We (the stutterers) were totally outnumbered, and all day every day I had this crew of people listening, helping, supporting, advising me. It is really strange how much I miss them now, and wish they were still here to help me through the days. I guess this is the start of the next step, where you sort of need to go it alone. Eek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it sound too corny to say you're not really alone? There's God always there to lean on, although i know, very diff to a person there in situ.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Thanks jen. No, that's not corny, it's true. The times I worry and stumble is when I think it's all on my shoulders. I need to remember strength comes from God.