Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Sound of Unlocking

I didn't put up a song of the week last week, but this song was definitely it. Riding home on the bus after the course, I started crying listening to it, and had to put my sunnies on to hide it. I mean really crying.

'This is not the sound of a new man, or crispy realisation
It's the sound of the unlocking and the lift away.'


It just somehow conveyed everything I was feeling.

2 comments:

kristina said...

It is a good song. Beautiful.

If you image google "sunnies" you get sunglasses, but if you google "sunnies minnesota" you get sunfish - which is what I think of when you said "sunnies".

Ben McLaughlin said...

..Which would have made the crying even more conspicuous, having two big fish draped over my face..