Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, February 5, 2009

X and Y

Yesterday I discovered that the supposed cut off for Gen X is 1977, and that Gen Y began in 1978.

This concerns me. I was born in 1977, and E was born in 1978. So really we are from different generations. We may as well be from different worlds.

While she's watching blue-ray, and talking in text speak, saying things like 'LOL' and 'IMHO', and generally being hip and now, I'm here eating boiled lollies, reminiscing about the good old days of rationing, and saying things like 'goodness gracious me' and 'heavens to betsy'. How can we live?

3 comments:

Colinmac said...

I empathise with you as Mum and I also have that problem. Mum is a "War baby" wheras I am a "Baby Boomer". I think we have it sorted now - the first 30 years were the worst IMHO

DAD

Tracy said...

This is just... tragic!

soph said...

Hahah how will you live?