Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, February 9, 2009

You Do The Math(s)

Hello. Your friendly neighbourhood consumer watchdog here. I noticed in the supermarket this morning that Kellogg's are selling these little individual tubs of breakfast cereal. The tubs are very small-- only 30g, and they cost $2.08 each.

Beside these tubs were average size boxes of the same cereal. I did a bit of calculating and found that if I were to buy enough tubs to get the same quantity as a box (which costs $5.50), I would have to shell out about $30. This is insane! Who would buy these tiny tubs? It made me angry to think of it.

What I'd like to do is stake out that shopping aisle and if anyone picked up one of those tubs I would leap out and slap some sense into them.

No comments: