Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Death Of a Blog (Ode To The Fallen)

Among the autumnal leaves another blog lies bleeding,
Oh fallen soldier, wherest lie thou posts?
U.R.L., You were well, but for a flickering moment--
"Herest I am, blogosphere", and then you were gone.
Three posts a year dost not a mealeth make,
O wandering star that shines no more.
You waver on a favourites list, fading with time
A mere shadowy shell of glories past.
O soldier- who broke the link, who severed the thread?
Who stole you away and left us for dead.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

You're making me feel really guilty!

Martha said...

You are reminding me of my son...

Ben McLaughlin said...

the thing about a poem, Tracy is that it is all subjective, so I can't be blamed for any feelings of guilt:) I am a mere poet, a mirror of society. Curse thee not thy mirror, but rather thy reflection.

Depending on what your son is like, Martha, thanks:)