Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, March 16, 2009

I Shop Therefore I Am

Lateish on Saturday night I was grumping because I had a lot to try and squeeze into the following day, one of those things being doing the groceries. And, as I was having my cup of tea, at about 9, it struck me-- hey, I could go and do the dumb groceries NOW!

So I drove out in that psycho thunderstorm and pretty much had the whole of Ashfield Coles to myself. I had a good old metal album blaring in my headphones, as I wandered through the empty aisles. A good Saturday night pastime- I'd recommend it.

I like doing thoughtful things for Tomorrow Ben. Even though it's hard and tiresome for Today Ben, Tomorrow Ben is very grateful to him.

6 comments:

SamR said...

I love your thinking mate. This is the kind of thing they had in mind when they invented the word 'genius'.

Ben McLaughlin said...

It's nice to be recognised for what you are, so thanks mate.

Simone R. said...

I wish that Yesterday Simone would get her act together. She has really let the side down.

[ps. did you ever see that Calvin and Hobbes with the time machine and the 6 o'clock, 7 o'clock and 8 o'clock Calvins?]

soph said...

I've shopped out of necessity around dinner time on a Saturday, and it was so eerie...

Guthers said...

Nice work! Nothing worse than a packed supermarket. Especially one filled with Sunday shoppers who don't practise proper trolley etiquette.

Ben McLaughlin said...

I've not read that particular strip, Simone..sounds a good'n. Ps, something to meditate on which may help Today Simone be more tolerant of Yesterday Simone--'all the flowers of tomorrow are seeds today'. Poignant.

I know Soph, you half expect a line of zombies to come round the corner and try to eat your flesh.

Oh yeah, so true, Guthers-- any of those jokers who wanna test me wind up with some sore shins, baby.