Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, March 2, 2009

Speech Diary: Not Such A New Man

The last week has been an emotional roller coaster. From excitement to despondency, back and forth pretty regularly. I was on such a high after the course, speaking very well, but steadily have gotten worse since then, and regret all my 'I feel like a new man' talk.

My undoing is that I started flying blind. 'I spoke great the other day, therefore I will now'. Then I crash and burn. No, it's ALL about sticking to the techniques I learnt, and trying to focus thoroughly on them EVERY time I open my mouth.

So after a long pray about it last night, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf today-- going back to the basics; talking at a slower pace, and focusing harder on my fluency. Also going to try harder to learn from the times I bomb out, and then move on, rather than beating myself to a pulp about it.

No comments: