Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, April 20, 2009

Back At Work

Today's my first day back. It was a good two weeks, and I really enjoyed being with the girls. I feel bad that E is on her own now to juggle the two kids during the day. I'm looking forward to getting home this arvo.

It was a time of mixed emotions, and a time with both good stuff and bad stuff going on. The good was that I was with my family, and we had this wonderful new member in the home, and also that I was spending much more time with E and little e than I would otherwise. I loved that little e became so attached to me over this time. It felt good to be there for her.

The bad was that a lot of things slipped and I was not in a great head space. Prayer and Bible reading kind of went out the window, along with my speech practice. The absence of these things made me a more selfish, angry, short-tempered and anxious person. So one thing I am happy about with going back to work, is that time by myself to get my head together, so that I can be a more effective husband and father when I get home.

This morning I prayed, read some Bible and did my speech practice, and as a result I already feel way more collected than I did.

2 comments:

beth said...

It's so easy when you lose the structure of your day to let things slide away. I'm finding that more and more since losing my job. But am confident it will all fall back into place.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Hi Beth- yes that's it. It was the lack of structure.

Sorry you lost your job. I hope something comes up soon for you.