Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Joy To Behold

Small things amuse me, it's true. This morning I very much enjoyed watching a little incident involving two women on the bus.

One was sitting in front of the other and she was throwing her head back and brushing her hair rigorously. This sent a shower of old loose hairs and dandruff cascading down towards the lap of the lady sitting behind. The brusher was completely unaware of the effects of her grooming, and carried on. Brush. Brush. Brush.

The lady behind however, was very much aware. A look of horror, outrage and disgust was on her face, as she swung her knees this way and that, vainly trying to dodge the foul, falling debris of hair and dead head-skin, her hands a blur of motion, as she tried with all her might to ward of the attacks.

I meanwhile, looked on, grinning from ear to ear at the entertainment, wishing it would never end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's funny...UNLESS YOU HAPPEN TO BE THE UNFORTUNATE PERSON SITTING BEHIND THE BRUSHER! This happened to me several times in the public transport. One lady put her metre long hair over the chair unto my lap. A man sitting behind me once even used my head as a kind of book rest... I don't understand human behaviour..

AY