Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Psalm 32: Day Four

Covered

1 Blessed is he
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.


Through Jesus my sins are forgiven, because the just punishment rightly aimed at me is redirected on to Him. From that point on, Jesus' righteousness is imputed to me, and when God looks at me, He only sees Jesus standing in my place.

My sins are covered. But for this to happen, my sin must first be uncovered.

5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.


I must come to God as I really am: broken. I have no righteousness of my own to bargain with. None. It is only foolish pride that tells me that I do.

If I come to God for help, rather than trying to help myself, if I repent and uncover my sin, then Jesus can save me. My sin is then dealt with, accounted for, covered.

No comments: