Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Wobbly Bike

'What can you not build with a screwdriver?', said I, innocently.

'A bike', replied the Universe, rolling it's eyes condescendingly.

Oh, my kingdom for a spanner.

Anyways, little e was excited to see her present this morning, and we'll just have to ride very carefully until all those nuts and bolts can be more than thumb-tightened. It is a bit of a wobbly ride.

And I may need a lunchtime nap after burning the midnight oil on the dumb thing.

2 comments:

Pedro said...

burning the midnight 'candle' ya reckon...
I think the 'oil' might feel a little miffed he didn't get a mention...
Mate, next time you think you might need A spanner, ask me I have poo loads.
Or just pop down the servo near you and buy a 5 dollar shifter off the rack...It'll do everything required on the little hotrod and keep your girl out of trouble.

Loose bolts = pain and crying...

Ben McLaughlin said...

oh yeah...oil! I knew something was wrong! I'm gonna change it now so your comment won't make sense anymore and I won't look stoopid(er)