Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Anger

It's embarrassing to admit, but I struggle so much with a bad temper, especially at home. I feel pretty crap about it today. It's not a case of turning violent or shouting, it's more a quiet, seething rage.

It gets triggered so easily and quickly, and really it's pretty pathetic. The smallest things can bring so much unwarranted anger, and when I cool down I snap out of it and think to myself, man, you were angry about that? After the heat of the moment it all seems so unnecessary.

This is something that I need to do a lot of work on. There's so much in Proverbs about the fool who can't control himself, and the wise man who has patience and is not easily angered. I'd love to become that second guy.

2 comments:

RodeoClown said...

It's a horrible feeling, that rage. I hate it, and it's so hard to fight.
---
Did I ever mention that you seem to be writing directly from my brain?

If not, well, you seem to be writing directly from my brain.

Ben McLaughlin said...

it's nice to know I'm not alone in that, rodeo. I'll pray that God will work on that in you (too)