Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How To Look A Bit Less Crap #43

If you run across the road when the little man is red, but then he turns green when you are half way across, making you look foolish in front of the people who waited patiently at the curb for the green man, DON'T STOP RUNNING.

Pretend that you are in a terrible rush, and that that's why you made the dash. Try to frown worriedly, and maybe pull your sleeve up, look at your watch, gasp, shake your head, and then power on down the street. It's the only way.

Another good option is to pretend to talk on your phone, and say something urgent and important like "and whatever you do DON'T touch the green wire".

6 comments:

Christine said...

haha you're a crack up Ben :)

RodeoClown said...

Were you following me yesterday?

I did this.
Although I also did the 'anticipate the green man' thing, where you start walking a second early. Unfortunately, the road I was crossing had non-standard traffic lights, and I ended up crossing the road that was about to get the green light...

Ben McLaughlin said...

yeah i was the angry motorist who had to swerve to miss you.

hey, i hear you are a mountain man. Respek. I lived in Warrimoo for 12 years.

RodeoClown said...

I am indeed a mountain man, and it is good. Much respeck in return!

kristina said...

lol!! You are too funny. I vote for plan B, "...don't touch the green wire"

Anonymous said...

ah Ben that's the funniest thing I've read/heard all day.

Thank you.