Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, June 12, 2009

Rant

I've worked up a bit of a vendetta.

It started out as frustration, now it's a full-blown grudge. My new nemesis? Aldi check-out people. Those jokers are working hard towards getting a well-deserved beat-down.

First offence, they are unfriendly and don't even respond to my polite 'hello'. Second, they scan what I'm buying at twice the necessary speed, their arms flaying madly to get it all scanned ASAP. There's no neat ordering, it all just ends up in a messy pile at the other side. What is the rush?!

Third offence, the other side is so small that there's no room, and your stuff teeters precariously on the edge like a pack of lemmings. E tells me it's not as bad when you have a trolley, but when you are just buying a few things, you are pretty much stuffed.

Then all at once, they ask for the money, ask to check my back-pack, and start scanning the next persons stuff. All at once. Meanwhile the baby wipes are falling on the floor, my change is dropped on the counter, the next customer is tut tutting me, and the rude check-out person just keeps scanning and pushing my stuff over the edge.

BEAT DOWN COMING YOUR WAY!!!

And you know what else? They are the divas of the check-out world. They apparently need a swivel chair to do their scanning. None of this standing up business. And they are also too good for packing. Pack your own bags, you annoying customer. And for the icing on the cake, they are too good to even be a little polite. They are too busy beating their speed record.

Well, you know what? So you have low prices on the seven products that you actually stock. Well big whoop, that's not cutting it for me. The experience is way too stressful for me, I'd rather pay a little more for a bit of service. So there, prima donna check-out person on your fancy swivel chair.

BEAT DOWN!!!

6 comments:

Pedro said...

You hit it on the head Bj...Pay peanuts, you get monkeys..
Nuff said.

beth said...

Boy, that's really pathetic that the checkers at your Aldi's are the same as they are here in America!! Perhaps they are clones! 'the 7 products you do stock'....that made me laugh. Here though, they keep a cart to put your items in after they scan, but I agree, what's the rush? Perhaps if they would have more than one checker open, there wouldn't be a line clear to the back of the store! I don't get the sitting down either....how stressful is it to check and stand! I've done it, never was given the option to stand. And sadly, here in America, it's actually one of the better paying jobs around, with good benefits. I say...go ahead with the beat-down, I'd pay to watch.

Ben McLaughlin said...

yeah, i wouldn't past them being clones. Maybe even evil robots. The swivel chairs might be their recharging power sources to keep the robots scanning at a constant speed.

yeah, I'm fairly sure that's probably it.

Colinmac said...

Yeah but their prices are so cheap and you never know what their latest mystery object might be. I recognise their limitations but I am still a fan. At Woolies I walk up and down so many aisles of stuff that I don't want - far too many choices.

Simone R. said...

Aldi's not for me.

If anything goes wrong in aldi, you're on your own. Heart attack in the lolly aisle? Too bad. Sort it out yourself.

Ruth said...

Absolutely!!