Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, July 31, 2009

Book Group-The Day Approaches..

So, I've been thinking a bit about how I'm going to do this Ecclesiastes book group.

I think I'm going to go fairly hard, and do a chapter a day pretty much (so it'll go for a couple of weeks). I won't try and go through entire chapters in detail, but will sort of pick out a bit to write about. As much as possible I'll try and keep it short and sweet (hopefully).

My plan is to probably start on Monday, and go from there. If anyone would like to contribute something for a particular passage, I'd love to post it. Or if anyone has any ideas of how I should do it, I'm all ears.

And remember, if the idea bores you, friendly reader, just skip to the next post.

3 comments:

Stuart Heath said...

I think the logic of the book means it works better topically than chapter by chapter. But I realize that's harder to do as a book club.

When you pool all the wisdom at the end, maybe you can do it in topics, and then sell it and live off the royalties for the rest of your life.

Ben McLaughlin said...

yeah, I think you're right about the topics thing. Maybe I'll try and draw things together a bit at the end, into topics.

Yes, living off royalties seems like a viable and highly likely outcome to this endevour.

Ben McLaughlin said...

and thanks to those who recommended the Kirk Patson talks. I'm part way thru them at the mo, and they are shedding a whole new light on it.